- Financial Incentives
- Employer Training Grants
- Recruiting & HR Tools
- Post a Job Opening
- WorkForce One Centers
- Find us on Social Media
- Financial Assistance
Employer Training Grants
- On-the-Job Training for NEW EMPLOYEES - The On-the-Job Training (OJT) program provides an opportunity for your business to get dollars to train new employees in the skills needed to perform their job effectively. It includes financial reimbursement of 50% - 90% of the OJT employee's wages during the training period (up to three months) for training specific to the employee's needs. For more information, call us at (954) 677-5627, or contact us by email at OJT@wf1broward.com. Click on the items below to download OJT training plans.
For more information on this program please click here to view our On-the-Job Training program brochure.
Are you a job seeker interested in OJT? Click here to see if you are eligible.
- Employed Worker Training for EXISTING EMPLOYEES - The goal of this locally funded program is to upgrade the skills of your existing employees for the purpose of layoff aversion, advancing wages and positions, and to assist employees in retaining jobs that provide self-sufficient employment. We recommend meeting with a WorkForce One Business Services representative to review the entire application process. For more information please call Bonni Smith at (954) 202-3830 x3128. Click on the items below to view, save and print sample documentation.
Customized Training NEW EMPLOYEES - Allows established or newly created companies to select prospective employees, train them and only hire those who successfully complete the training while WorkForce One Employment Solutions pays up to 90% of the cost of training.* The Customized Training program can help you grow your bottom line by allowing you to select the most effective trainer, defraying the cost of training and turning out workers just for your company. It targets unemployed workers and is designed to meet the specific training needs of employers. Customized training is short-term, employer specific training.
Employers participating in this program are able to:
- Determine the wage
- Determine the number of employees to be trained
- Determine the length of training (up to 6 months)
- Determine which occupational skills should be targeted for training
- Hire those who successfully complete the training
Employers can select training providers from community colleges, vocational/technical centers, universities, licensed and certified private institutions, consultants or even their own internal experts.
For more information on this program please click here to view our Customized Worker Training brochure.
Ready to take your first step? Our Business Services professionals can assist you in creating a customized training plan tailored to your organizations' needs. Contact Bonni Smith today and see how we can help you reach your business goals: 954.202.3830 ext. 3128 or email@example.com.
*Restrictions may apply.
- Incumbent Worker Training for EXISTING EMPLOYEES - This program provides grant funding for customized training for existing for-profit businesses. Through this customer-driven program, Florida is able to effectively retain and keep businesses competitive through upgrade skills training for existing full-time employees. Workforce Florida, Inc. administers the program. For more details about this program, click here.
- Quick Response Training (QRT) - This program provides grant funding for customized training for new or expanding businesses. Workforce Florida, Inc. administers the program. Click here for additional details about this program.